Acknowledgement of Policy Terms
To the extent that the Platform has links to retailer or other websites, please understand that we do not own, operate, or control those websites, and that we advise you to review their individual privacy policies in order to understand how they, in turn, will collect and process your personal information.
What Personal Information We Collect and Why
We collect personal information that you share directly with us when you use the BenefitHub Platform in order to provide our products and services. We also collect technical information about your device and use of the BenefitHub Platform to evaluate Platform performance. The information we learn from you and other customers when you use the Platform helps us personalize and continually improve your BenefitHub experience. Here are the types of information we gather and why we ask for them.
Profile and Account Information: When you sign up through your sponsor organization to register for a BenefitHub account, you share a limited amount of information during the registration process. This information includes your name, email address, account password, and other optional registration information that is used to personalize your profile.
As you continue to use the BenefitHub Platform, we receive and store any information you give us or enter on the Platform when you:
- search for products and services on the Platform
- click through the Platform to purchase a product or service
- provide information in your Account (and you might have more than one if you have used more than one e-mail address when shopping with us) or your Profile
- provide Feedback when you favorite, love, post a review of, or tell us if you redeemed a deal for a product or service
- participate in a sweepstakes, contest or questionnaire
- communicate with BenefitHub through email or another way
If you choose not to provide certain information, you might not be able to take advantage of features that relate to that information. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as allowing you to sign in to your BenefitHub account, responding to your requests, customizing your shopping experience, finding benefits that match your profile, improving our marketplace, and communicating with you. When you contact us or we contact you, we collect any information that you provide, including the contents of the messages and any attachments you send to us.
BenefitHub Mobile App Information: When you use the BenefitHub Mobile App to make a purchase from a merchant partner, you share with us certain information needed to complete and track those purchases. You also directly share with the merchant partner whatever information the merchant may require in order to collect payment for, process, fulfill, track, and deliver your purchase. BenefitHub does not see, collect, or store any of your payment or credit card data. We may also request access or permission to and track location-based information (e.g. latitude/longitude to find local offers) from your mobile device, either continuously or while you are using the Mobile App, to provide location- based services. If you wish to change our access or permissions, you may do so in your mobile device’s settings.
SavingsScout Extension: In order to download and use the SavingsScout Extension, you must register for and maintain an active BenefitHub Platform account. If you already have an active account but are unable to locate it, you are required to provide your email address in order to locate it. We also collect information you directly provide when you use the SavingsScout Extension to search for products and services on the Platform and click through to purchase a product or service.
Technical Information: Whenever you interact with us through the BenefitHub Platform, we automatically receive and store certain types of information to help ensure that the Platform works correctly on different devices, operating systems, and browsers.
Examples of the automatic information we collect and analyze include:
- the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet
- computer and connection information such as device and browser type, version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system, and platform
- Platform search, viewing, and purchase history, which we sometimes aggregate with similar information from other customers to create features like Most Purchased
- an event stamp, including the full Uniform Resource Locator (URL) clickstream to, through, and from the BenefitHub Platform, including date and time
- page response times
- download errors
- length of visits to certain pages
- page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs)
- methods used to browse away from the page
This data allows us to make sure that the BenefitHub Platform is working correctly and to better your Platform experience. We also use common digital tools that let us see if you interacted with the platform because of our marketing efforts, and whether you opened an email that we sent or visited a link in that email. This helps us coordinate our marketing and communications operations and better understand how our users engage with the Platform.
We may also collect technical information to help us identify your device to prevent fraud or other misuse of your account, and for diagnostic purposes.
Shopping and Usage Data: We do not track your emails, search engine history, or browsing history on any site that is not a retail website (a site where you can shop and make a purchase from a BenefitHub merchant partner through the Platform). In order to help you save money when you are using the SavingsScout Extension on a retail website, BenefitHub will collect the URL of that website and contact the BenefitHub Platform servers to determine if there is there are promotions or discounts with the selected merchant available to you. We may obtain certain types of information when your browser accesses the BenefitHub Platform or advertisements and other content served by or on behalf of BenefitHub on other websites.
Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources, such as your BenefitHub Platform sponsor organization, or from insurance carriers, in connection with providing you with certain insurance and other voluntary benefits, and add it to our account information. We use both business partners and service providers, such as payment processors and retailer partners, to perform or provide services and goods on our behalf. Some of these partners may have access to information about you that we may or may not otherwise have (for example, where you sign up directly with that provider) and may share some of this information with us in providing the goods and services you purchase and performing related administrative functions. We may also use this information to administer and improve the BenefitHub Platform and to conduct marketing and advertising campaigns.
Aggregate and Anonymized Data: We may also use the information we collect in aggregate or otherwise anonymized form, which allows us to look at interactions with the Platform and products and services generally. We use this general data, which does not identify you or any specific person, for research, development, marketing, analytics, and to improve your experience on the Platform.
Data We Do Not Collect: We do NOT collect any information from your search engine history, emails, or from websites that are not retail sites (a site where you can shop and make a purchase from a BenefitHub merchant partner through the Platform). We also do NOT collect bank or credit card information. If you choose to share that information to purchase a product or service through a merchant on the Platform, it is shared by you directly with the merchant only and is not stored, used, or processed by BenefitHub.
Cookies are unique identifiers that we transfer to your device to enable our systems to recognize your device and to provide numerous features that require remembering who you are (for example, remembering your User Name). We may use both temporary session cookies (for example, for browser navigation), which disappear after you close your browser, and persistent cookies (for example, to remember your Platform sign in credentials), which remain after you close your browser until they are deleted and may be accessed every time you use the BenefitHub Platform.
Temporary and persistent cookies may also be used for other purposes that are consistent with this Policy such as:
- Analytics: These cookies help BenefitHub monitor traffic and activity on the BenefitHub Platform and to coordinate its own marketing and promotional activities. They do not identify you specifically, but they may be indirectly linked to your unique user ID. We anonymize and aggregate this information to help us to detect fraud or misuse of your account, understand broad demographic data and trends, and generally operate the
How BenefitHub Shares The Information It Receives
We will share your information if needed to help you complete a purchase or if we are legally required to. We will also share your information with other service providers that help us to operate the Platform in order to satisfy our promises to you, including businesses that perform services on our behalf in maintaining the Platform and processing payments, and in our own marketing and customer service activities. If we do share information with a service provider, it is only for the purposes described in this Policy and not the service provider’s own use.
We may also share your information for the following purposes:
Communicating Offers: Sometimes we send offers to you if you have opted in or subscribed to receiving special offers. If you do not want to receive such offers, please opt out of these communications in your Profile. If you opt out, we will continue to send you transactional and relational communications.
Protection of BenefitHub: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law or lawful demands from government entities or other regulatory bodies; to enforce or apply this Policy, our Terms and Conditions, and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of BenefitHub, our users, or others. This may include exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice from us when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information. We may also disclose your personal information to interact with a third party or for other purposes with your permission or upon your written direction.
In Connection with Sale or Merger: We may share your personal information while negotiating or in relation to a change of corporate control or similar transaction, such as a restructuring, merger, acquisition, or sale. If that happens, we will notify you by email and/or a prominent notice on the Website, and provide any choices you will have regarding the treatment of your information.
How We Secure Your Information and How Long We Retain It
We develop, implement, and maintain reasonable and appropriate security measures and safeguards that are designed to protect the security, confidentiality, and integrity of your personal information. This includes, among other techniques, encrypting during transmission the information you input. However, no security measures can be guaranteed to be completely effective, and we cannot guarantee the security of your information, including against unauthorized intrusions or acts by third parties.
It is also important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
BenefitHub retains your information for as long as necessary to provide you and other users the BenefitHub Platform. This means we keep your Profile information only for as long as you maintain an Account with us. We retain transactional information for as long as required to fulfill our legitimate business functions, such as accounting, legal, tax, and record keeping obligations.
Examples of information you can access easily through your BenefitHub Platform Profile include such personally identifiable information as your name, e-mail address(es), password, communications preferences, address, and notification settings.
Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Web Sites
Likewise, our retailers and other business partners will likely have their own privacy statements. We strongly suggest that you take time to familiarize yourself with the privacy statements provided by these other parties prior to providing them with information or taking advantage of an offer or promotion.
Choices For Managing Your Personal Information
You can always set or adjust your personal settings regarding what information you share and how we communicate with you by clicking “Edit Profile” in your Account settings.
As discussed above, in some circumstances you can choose not to provide personal or other information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of such BenefitHub features as your Profile, Subscriptions, Customer Reviews, and Cash Back. In those cases, limiting the information you provide to us may impact our ability to provide certain products and promotions to you.
As noted above, the Help feature on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Additionally, you can disable or delete similar data used by browser add-ons, such as Flash cookies, by changing the add-on settings or visiting the Web site of its manufacturer.
If you want to stop using the BenefitHub Platform, we provide instructions on how to delete your Account and uninstall the Extension on our Website. You can uninstall the Mobile App in the same way in which you would delete other mobile applications from your device. If you have any issues, you may contact our support team for help at email@example.com.
If you want to delete your Account or personal information, you can always do so by sending an email to DPO@benefithub.com. We will delete any personal information that we have, although we may retain some data if we are legally required to or in an anonymized and aggregated format that does not personally identify you and cannot be connected to you.
Children Should Not Use BenefitHub
BenefitHub does not sell products for purchase by children. We do, however, sell children’s products for purchase by adults. If you are under 18, you may not use BenefitHub without the involvement of a parent or guardian. By using BenefitHub, you represent that you are at least 18 years old and understand that you must be at least 18 years old in order to create an account Profile and purchase goods or services through the BenefitHub Platform.
If we learn that we have received or collected personal information from someone younger than 18, we will take steps to delete that information as quickly as possible. If you are a parent or guardian of a child who you think may have given us some personal information or posted information on any public portion of the Platform, please tell us at DPO@benefithub.com and we will help you get it removed.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions to this Policy
Additional Terms For IncentFit Wellness Incentives
Additional Terms for California Residents
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) provides some California residents with the additional rights listed below. If you wish to exercise these rights, please see the Section below titled “How to Exercise Your California Privacy Rights” section below.
Right to Know: You have the right to know and see what data BenefitHub has collected about you over the past 12 months including, as described above in greater detail, the following:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting your personal information;
- The categories of third parties with whom we have shared your personal information; and
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about
Right to Delete: You have the right to request that we delete the personal information we have collected from you (and direct our service providers to do the same). There are a number of exceptions, however, that include, but are not limited to, when the information is necessary for us or a third party to do any of the following:
- Complete your transaction;
- Provide you with a good or service;
- Perform a contract between us and you;
- Protect your security and prosecute those responsible for breaching it;
- Fix our system in the case of a bug;
- Protect the free speech rights of you or other users;
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et seq.);
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws;
- Comply with a legal obligation; or
- Make other internal and lawful uses of the information that are compatible with the context in which you provided
Other Rights: Although we do not do so, under the California Shine the Light law, Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.83, you can request certain information about our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. This request is free and may be made once a year. You have the right to request that we not sell your personal information although, as noted above, we do not and will not do so. You also have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising any of the rights listed above.
How to Exercise Your California Privacy Rights: If you wish to request access to or deletion of your personal information, or to exercise any other data rights under California law, please contact us by sending an e-mail to DPO@benefithub.com so that we can authenticate your identity and help you exercise your rights. Please include your full name, the email address(es) associated with your use of the BenefitHub Platform, along with a brief description of why you are writing, so that we can process your request in an efficient manner. Please note that you must verify your identity and request before further action is taken. As a part of this process, government identification may be required. You may have the right to elect to have an agent act on your behalf with appropriate documentation and identity verification of all parties.
Format and Timing of Response: BenefitHub will try to respond to your request for access or deletion within 45 days of receiving that request and any required supporting information. If we require more time, we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
Additional Terms For Nevada Residents
How To Contact Us
BenefitHub, Inc. Attn:
4030 W. Boy Scout Blvd.,
Tampa, FL 33607
Additional Terms For Canada Residents
In Canada, we provide the BenefitHub Platform through BenefitHub Technology Canada Limited, a private company established in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. Our address is 885 West Georgia Street, Suite 1500, Vancouver, BC V6C 3E8. Our contact email address is DPO@benefithub.com.
- When you consent to our use of your data for a specific
- When we need that data to enact a transaction or to provide you with services and products that you request. This includes personalizing features and protecting the security of BenefitHub and its
- When BenefitHub has a legitimate interest in using that data in the normal ways you’d expect, like ensuring BenefitHub’s products run properly, improving and creating new products, historical analytics research, promoting BenefitHub, and protecting our legal
- When we need to process your data to comply with a legal or regulatory
Your rights: You have the following rights with regard to your personal data. To exercise any of these rights, please contact us at DPO@benefithub.com. Please note that these rights are limited, like for example, where fulfilling your request would adversely affect other individuals or our legal obligations.
- Right to Access: You have the right to request information about your personal data that we hold, how we use it, and who we share it
- Right to Portability: Where you have provided your personal data to us on the basis of your consent, you have the right to ask us for a copy of this data in a structured, machine-readable format and to ask us to send this data to another data
- Right to Rectification: You have the right to ask us to correct your personal data where it is inaccurate or
- Right to Erasure: In certain circumstances, you have the right to ask us to delete the personal data we hold about
- Right to Withdraw Consent: In situations where we are processing your personal data based on your consent, you may withdraw this consent at any
- Right to Object to Processing: In situations where we are processing your personal data based on our legitimate interest, you can object that the interest is no longer legitimate. BenefitHub will stop processing that data, unless we can demonstrate an overriding legitimate ground. You can also request to opt out of direct
- Right to Restrict Processing: You have the right to ask us to stop any active processing of your personal data while we seek to verify data you claim is inaccurate, while we verify our legitimate interests, or while we cannot erase that data due to legal
BenefitHub will try to respond to these requests within 30 days, but some might take longer. You will typically not be charged any fee for effecting these rights, but BenefitHub reserves the right to charge a reasonable fee (or refuse to comply) if the request is unfounded, repetitive, or excessive.
Complaints: In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how we process your personal data, please contact us at DPO@benefithub.com and we will do our best to resolve it. If you are not satisfied with our response to your concern, you can choose to file a complaint with the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada/Commissariat à la protection de la vie privée du Canada at https://www.priv.gc.ca/en/report-a-concern/file-a-formal-privacy-complaint/file-a-complaint-about-a- business/.